Calvinball - Great metaphor! Very nicely done, visually very pleasing. Nice song, too. I caught this before going to my school: great way to start the day with that message!
I just loved watching this video. The whole calvin ball idea with the comics was great. It really game a sense for what you were talking about and it was interesting to read the comic as well. i had to pause and read it a couple times to keep up with what was going on, but that is the great imagination and creativity that children have these days. the shift from that into teaching and all of the movies mentioned was awesome, and i love a lot of the movies you listed. I taught in an urban area of Jersey City for 2 years and now teaching similar students in an urban part of englewood (yes there is a part of englewood that i would consider urban) and it makes me think everyday about how i teach and what my goals are to get across to the students. many times they have many other things to worry about besides school. it takes for a very different and understand approach with these students.
I loved the cartoon idea! Great Job. Your posting was very creative and well done. I also loved the comic of the little kid standing screaming that he didn't want to go to school. I really feel like that happens so often in classes today. Kids are unmotivated and don't want to go to school because they think it isn't fun. Some teachers need to bring the "fun" back into teaching and motivat their students. They need to let them be creative and enjoy learning. Nice Work!
Great job! I coach football so I loved the cartoon. You really made me think about the importance of encouraging creativity and motivating our students to be free thinkers. I thought the music went really well with your message. You were very Creative!
As in that grey exurban wasteland in Gatsby When the white sky darkens over the city Of ashes, far from the once happy valley, This daze spreads across the blank faces Of the inhabitants, suddenly deprived Of the kingdom’s original promised gift. Did I say kingdom when I meant place Of worship? Original when I meant Damaged in handling? Promised when I meant stolen? Gift when I meant Trick? Inhabitants when I meant s laves? Slaves when I meant clowns Who have wandered into test sites? Test Sites when I meant contagious hospitals? Contagious hospitals when I meant clouds Of laughing gas? Laughing gas When I meant tears? No, it’s true, No one should be writing poetry In times like these, Dear Reader, I don’t have to tell you of all people why. It’s as apparent as an attempted Punch in the eye that actually Catches only empty air—which is The inside of your head, where T he green ritual sanctionO f the poem has been cancelled.
4 comments:
Keri,
Calvinball - Great metaphor! Very nicely done, visually very pleasing. Nice song, too.
I caught this before going to my school: great way to start the day with that message!
Norbert
I just loved watching this video. The whole calvin ball idea with the comics was great. It really game a sense for what you were talking about and it was interesting to read the comic as well. i had to pause and read it a couple times to keep up with what was going on, but that is the great imagination and creativity that children have these days. the shift from that into teaching and all of the movies mentioned was awesome, and i love a lot of the movies you listed. I taught in an urban area of Jersey City for 2 years and now teaching similar students in an urban part of englewood (yes there is a part of englewood that i would consider urban) and it makes me think everyday about how i teach and what my goals are to get across to the students. many times they have many other things to worry about besides school. it takes for a very different and understand approach with these students.
I loved the cartoon idea! Great Job. Your posting was very creative and well done. I also loved the comic of the little kid standing screaming that he didn't want to go to school. I really feel like that happens so often in classes today. Kids are unmotivated and don't want to go to school because they think it isn't fun. Some teachers need to bring the "fun" back into teaching and motivat their students. They need to let them be creative and enjoy learning. Nice Work!
Great job! I coach football so I loved the cartoon. You really made me think about the importance of encouraging creativity and motivating our students to be free thinkers. I thought the music went really well with your message. You were very Creative!
Post a Comment